Updated: Nov 12, 2021
November city council meeting for the City of Cold Spring
Cold Spring City Council Meeting on 11 - 09 - 21
1. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Forum (Those interested in addressing Council who did not previously request to be on the agenda may address Council for up to 3 minutes. If action is requested, it will be considered at a later Council Meeting.)
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Consent Agenda A. Minutes – October 26, 2021 Regular Meeting, and October 27, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes B. Resolution 2021-36 A Resolution Designating the Polling Place for 2022 Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED.
5. Public Hearing on Tax Abatement for Alliance Builders – Corey Gerads We thank you for taking the time to come and learn more about the Tax Abatement Request, but please… ➢ Please wait until the Mayor has recognized you before speaking. ➢ Before speaking, be sure to state your name and address for the minute taker. ➢ Please avoid side conversations, some in the audience may struggle to hear as it is. ➢ Direct your question to the Mayor, and he will recognize someone to answer your question. ➢ This is a difficult decision for everyone; please, no personal attacks. ➢ Be sure to sign in, that way we can note your attendance in the minutes. A. Chair Opens Public Hearing. Time Opened: _____________. B. Background of Proposed Project – Applicants C. Explanation of Options and Purpose of Tax Abatement Purpose- Jessica Green, Northland Securities D. Chair Calls for Those Wishing to Speak (Call three times) E. Chair Closes the Public Hearing. Time Closed: ____________. F. Discussion amongst City Council Members G. Action by City Council Recommendation: TO APPROVE/DENY RESOLUTION 2021-37, A RESOLUTION APPROVING/DENYING A TAX ABATEMENT REQUEST FROM ALLIANCE BUILDERS.
6. Review of Applications for the Open City Council Seat Recommendation: TO APPROVE SETTING NOVEMBER 23, 2021 AS THE INTERVIEW AND APPOINTMENT DATE FOR THE VACANT CITY COUNCIL POSITION.
7. City Engineer Report, Brian Lintgen A. Change Order Number 1 Water Treatment Plant Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CHANGE ORDER NUMBER 1 AS REQUESTED. B. Project Updates C. Other
8. City Administrator Report A. Rocori Trail Fiscal Agent Agreement with Stearns County and Escrow Account Request Recommendation: TO APPROVE ENTERING INTO THE FISCAL AGENT REQUEST WITH STEARNS COUNTY. B. Reschedule the Delinquent Utilities Public Hearing from November 23, 2021 to December 14, 2021 Meeting. Page 2 of 2 Recommendation: TO APPROVE HOLDING THE DELINQUENT UTILITIES PUBLIC HEARING ON DECEMBER 14, 2021. C. Warranty Deed for Parkland in River Links Recommendation: TO ACCEPT THE WARRANTY DEED FOR THE PARKLAND IN RIVER LINKS WITH PARCEL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER 48.29702.0867.
9. List of Bills and Additions Recommendation: TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT PAYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCORDING TO THE LIST AND SUPPLEMENTAL LIST PRESENTED BY CITY STAFF.
10. General Questions and Comments from City Council
11. Adjourn – Next Scheduled City Council Meeting November 23, 2021