Due to technical issues the screen goes black for several minutes at the beginning of the video. The audio still works, and the screen comes back on.
1. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Forum (Those interested in addressing Council who did not previously request to be on the agenda may address Council for up to 3 minutes. If action is requested, it will be considered at a later Council Meeting.)
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Consent Agenda A. Minutes – July 26, 2022 Regular Meeting Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED.
5. Presentation of City Administrator Search Process – Gary Weiers – Appearing Remotely Recommendation: TO APPROVE CONTRACTING WITH DAVID DROWN AND ASSOCIATES FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A NEW CITY ADMINISTRATOR.
6. Discussion of Fleet Leasing Program from Enterprise Fleet - Wong Nystrom
7. Ordinance No. 401: An Ordinance Providing a Moratorium on the Sale of Hemp Derived THC Food and Beverages Recommendation: TO APPROVE ORDINANCE NO. 401 ESTABLISHING A MORATORIUM ON THE SALE OF HEMP DERIVED THC FOOD AND BEVERAGES IN THE CITY OF COLD SPRING.
8. Ordinance No. 402: An Ordinance Adjusting the Water rates for the City of Cold Spring Recommendation: TO APPROVE ORDINANCE NO. 402 ADJUSTING THE WATER RATES OF THE CITY OF COLD SPRING.
9. Resolution 2022-24: A Resolution Approving a Joint Powers Agreement with the State of Minnesota for the City Attorney and the Police Department Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION 2022-24, A RESOLUTION APPROVING OF THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF MINNESOTA FOR THE CITY ATTORNEY AND THE COLD SPRING POLICE DEPARTMENT.
10. Amendment No. 1 to the Connection and Wastewater Pretreatment Capacity Agreement Recommendation: TO APPROVE AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE CAPACITY AGREEMENT AS PRESENTED.
11. Fire Department Report, Chief Dan Weber
12. Public Works Director Report, Jon Stueve – Verbal Report A. Hockey Rick Discussion
13. City Engineer Report, Brian Lintgen A. Resolution 2022-25, a Resolution Approving the Plans and Specifications and Ordering Advertisement for Bid of the 2022 Brewery Sanitary Improvement Project Page 2 of 2 Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION 2022-25, A RESOLUTION APPROVING THE PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS AND ORDERING ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID OF THE 2022 BREWERY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. B. Change Order No. 2 - Water Treatment Plant Recommendation: TO APPROVE CHANGE ORDER NO. 2 FOR THE WATER TREATMENT PLANT. C. Project Updates
14. Police Department Report, Chief Blum A. Verbal Report B. Discussion of Richmond Contract Proposal
15. City Administrator Report A. Set Date for Workshop on Staffing Study – Tabled 7-26-22 Recommendation: TO APPROVE A SPECIAL WORKSHOP MEETING ON ___________ AT ________ AM/PM. B. Set Committee for Negotiations – Tabled 7-26-22 Recommendation: TO APPOINT ________________ AND _____________TO THE CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS COMMITTEE. C. 2023 Budget Calendar Recommendation: TO ADOPT THE 2023 BUDGET CALENDAR AND SCHEDULE THE BUDGET MEETING AS A SPECIAL MEETING FOR SEPTEMBER 8, 2022 AT 8:00 A.M
16. List of Bills and Additions Recommendation: TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT PAYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCORDING TO THE LIST AND SUPPLEMENTAL LIST PRESENTED BY CITY STAFF.
17. General Questions and Comments from City Council
18. Adjourn – Next Scheduled City Council Meeting August 23, 2022