January 11th city council meeting for the City of Cold Spring
AGENDA COLD SPRING CITY COUNCIL December 14, 2021 at 6:30 P.M. – Council Chambers
1. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Forum (Those interested in addressing Council who did not previously request to be on the agenda may address Council for up to 3 minutes. If action is requested, it will be considered at a later Council Meeting.)
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Consent Agenda A. Minutes – December 28, 2021 Regular Meeting B. Nicholas P. Koenig HERO Foundation, LG220 Application for Exempt Permit, Raffle to be Held February 5, 2022 at The Great Blue Heron Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED.
5. Public Works Director Report, Jon Stueve A. Request to Purchase a Stainless Steel Sander from Falls Equipment Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF A STAINLESS STEEL SANDER FROM FALLS EQUIPMENT OF LITTLE FALLS AT A COST OF $5,705.00, AND FURTHERMORE TO BE PAID OUT OF THE STREETS DEPARTMENT LINE ITEM EQUIPMENT PARTS AND MATERIAL #6314. B. Request to Purchase 125 Tons of Salt from Cargill Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF 125 TONS OF SALT AT THE STATE BID PRICE OF $85.61 PER TON FROM CARGILL FOR A TOTAL PRICE OF $10,701.25, AND FURTHERMORE TO BE PAID OUT OF STREETS DEPARTMENT LINE ITEM SALTS SAND CHEMICALS #6315 C. Other
6. Public Hearing on the Public Safety Building We thank you for taking the time to come and learn more about the Tax Abatement Request, but please… ➢ Please wait until the Mayor has recognized you before speaking. ➢ Before speaking, be sure to state your name and address for the minute taker. ➢ Please note that you will only be called to speak once. ➢ Please avoid side conversations, some in the audience may struggle to hear as it is. ➢ Direct your question to the Mayor, and he will recognize someone to answer your question. ➢ Be sure to sign in, that way we can note your attendance in the minutes. A. Mayor Opens Public Hearing. Time Opened: _____________. B. Presentation of the GIS Study – Laura Eyesnogle and Robert Krzyzanowski – Wendel Architecture C. Mayor Calls for Those Wishing to Speak (Call three times) D. Mayor Closes the Public Hearing. Time Closed: ____________. E. Discussion Among Council Members F. Action by City Council
7. Request to Place a TV in City Hall Lobby – Aaron Barker – Tri-City Cable Programming Director Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE REQUEST BY TRI-CITY CABLE TO PLACE A TV IN THE CITY HALL LOBBY FOR DISPLAY OF CHANNEL 10 PROGRAMMING. Page 2 of 2
8. Resolution 2022-01 Appointments Resolution Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION 2022-01, THE APPOINTMENTS AND MEETING DATES RESOLUTION.
9. Diversity and Equity Consultant Finalist Recommendation: TO APPROVE ENTERING INTO NEGOTIATIONS WITH ___________________ TO PROVIDE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR DIVERSITY AND EQUITY WORK WITH THE AD HOC COMMITTEE.
10. City Engineer Report, Brian Lintgen A. Project Updates B. Resolution 2022-02, Approving the Low Bid and Awarding Contract for the Raw Water Standpipe Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION NO. 2022-02, A RESOLUTION ACCEPTING THE BIDS AND AWARDING A CONTRACT TO GREAT PLAINS STRUCTURES, LLC FOR THE 2022 RAW WATER STANDPIPE PROJECT. C. Other
11. Police Department Report, Chief Blum A. Monthly Reports B. Community Policing Agreement Update C. Hiring Process Update D. Other
12. City Administrator Report A. Pay Equity Report 2022 Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE 2022 PAY EQUITY IMPLEMENTATION REPORT COMPLETED BY KATHLEEN MURPHY AS PRESENTED. B. Other
13. List of Bills and Additions Recommendation: TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT PAYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCORDING TO THE LIST AND SUPPLEMENTAL LIST PRESENTED BY CITY STAFF.
14. General Questions and Comments from City Council
15. Adjourn – Next Scheduled City Council Meeting January 25, 2022