AGENDA COLD SPRING CITY COUNCIL January 25th, 2021 at 6:30 P.M. – Council Chambers
1. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Forum (Those interested in addressing Council who did not previously request to be on the agenda may address Council for up to 3 minutes. If action is requested, it will be considered at a later Council Meeting.)
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Consent Agenda A. Minutes – January 11, 2022 Regular Meeting B. DU Rich-Spring Chapter 119, LG220 Application for Exempt Permit, Raffle to be Held April 2, 2022 at The Great Blue Heron Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED.
5. Ordinance No. 389, Adjusting the Water Rates Recommendation: TO APPROVE ORDINANCE NO. 389, AN ORDINANCE ADJUSTING THE WATER UTILITY RATES.
6. Sale of Lot in Business Park to Brenton Kent Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE SALE OF LOT 7 AND LOT 8, BLOCK 2, COLD SPRING BUSINESS PARK TO BRENTON KENT AS RECOMMENDED BY THE COLD SPRING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION.
7. Resolution 2022-03 A Resolution Approving of a Lot Consolidation by CSEDA and Brenton Kent Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION 2022-03, A RESOLUTION APPROVING OF A LOT CONSOLIDATION FOR THE COLD SPRING EDA AND BRENTON KENT.
8. Public Hearing on Resolution 2022-04, A Resolution Vacating Utility and Drainage Easements on Lot 7 and Lot 8, Block 2, Cold Spring Business Park – CSEDA and Brenton Kent A. Mayor Opens Public Hearing. Time Opened: _____________. B. Background of Proposed Project \C. Mayor Calls for Those Wishing to Speak (Call three times) D. Mayor Closes the Public Hearing. Time Closed: ____________. E. Discussion Among Council Members F. Action by City Council Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION 2022-04, A RESOLUTION VACATING UTILITY AND DRAINAGE EASEMENTS ON LOTS 7 AND 8, BLOCK 2, COLD SPRING BUSINESS PARK.
9. Fire Department A. Accept Resignation of Brady Winkels Recommendation: TO ACCEPT THE RESIGNATION OF BRADY WINKELS AND THANK HIM FOR HIS SERVICE. B. Request to Advertise to Hire Four Firefighters Recommendation: TO AUTHORIZE THE FIRE CHIEF TO ADVERTISE TO HIRE FOUR FIRE FIGHTERS FOR THE COLD SPRING FIRE DEPARTMENT. C. Reports D. Other
10. Public Works Director Report, Jon Stueve A. Request to Purchase Silversmith GIS Asset Tracking System Page 2 of 2 Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF A SILVERSMITH GIS ASSET TRACKING SYSTEM AT A COST OF $8,100.00, AND FURTHERMORE, THAT THE COST BE SPLIT BETWEEN FOUR DEPARTMENTS, ONE QUARTER OUT OF THE EQUIPMENT LINE ITEM #6311 FOR FIRE, STREETS AND SEWER DEPARTMENTS AND ONE QUARTER OUT OF THE WATER CAPITAL EXPENSE LINE ITEM #6413. B. Updates C. Other
11. City Engineer Report, Brian Lintgen A. Cold Spring Surface Water Management Plan Changes Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CHANGES TO THE SURFACE WATER MANAGEMENT PLAN AS PRESENTED. B. Project Updates C. Other
12. Police Department Report, Chief Blum A. Monthly Reports B. Hiring of a Full-Time Police Officer – Alton Hegg Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE HIRING OF ALTON HEGG AT THE STARTING STEP OF THE PAY SCALE, $26.65. C. Body Warn Camera Policy Public Hearing Date D. Policing Agreement Update E. Other
13. City Administrator Report A. Contract with DeYoung Consulting for Diversity and Inclusion Facilitation Services Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONTRACT WITH DEYOUNG CONSULTING AND AUTHORIZE THE MAYOR TO SIGN ON BEHALF OF THE CITY. B. Request to Engage DDA for the Classification and Compensation Study Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE REQUEST TO ENGAGE DDA FOR THE CLASSIFICATION STUDY AT A COST $8,100.00 AND FURTHERMORE TO BE PAID OUT OF THE GENERAL GOVERNMENT BUDGET LINE ITEM #7111. C. Additional Construction Committee Appointments for Feasibility Studies by Wendel D. Other
14. Commission Updates A. Planning Commission B. EDA C. Park Board D. Rocori Trail
15. List of Bills and Additions Recommendation: TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT PAYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCORDING TO THE LIST AND SUPPLEMENTAL LIST PRESENTED BY CITY STAFF.
16. General Questions and Comments from City Council
17. Adjourn – Next Scheduled City Council Meeting February 8, 2022