Updated: Apr 12
1. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Forum (Those interested in addressing Council who did not previously request to be on the
agenda may address Council for up to 3 minutes. If action is requested, it will be considered at a later
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Consent Agenda
A. Minutes – January 10, 2023 Regular Meeting
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED.
5. 2023 Improvements Project Hearing – 6:30 p.m.
A. Mayor Opens the Improvement Hearing at _________
We thank you for taking the time to come and learn more about this project. Please...
➢ Wait until the Mayor has recognized you before speaking.
➢ Be sure to state your name and address for the minute taker.
➢ Be sure to sign in, that way we can note your attendance in the minutes.
B. Construction Information Presentation – Brian Lintgen, Project Engineer
C. Assessment Information Presentation – Kris Dockendorf, City Administrator
D. Comments and Questions from the City Council
E. Mayor Calls for Questions and Testimony from the Audience (three times when comment diminishes)
F. Mayor Closes the Improvement Hearing at _________
G. City Council Discussion of Next Steps
6. Resolution No. 2023-03 A Resolution Approving a Variance for Dale Spohnholtz for a Detached Garage
Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION NO. 2023-03, A RESOLUTION APPROVING A
VARIANCE TO ALLOW FOR CONSTRUCTION OF A DETACHED GARAGE THAT EXCEEDS
THE MAXIMUM SIZE ALLOWED.
7. Resolution No. 2023-04 A Resolution Approving a Variance for Cold Spring Brewing Company for
Placement of Holding Tanks Within the Setback
Recommendation: TO APPROVE RESOLUTION NO. 2023-04, A RESOLUTION APPROVING A
VARIANCE TO ALLOW FOR THE PLACEMENT OF TWO HOLDING TANKS WITHIN THE
SETBACK OF 5TH AVENUE NORTH.
8. Public Works Director Report, Jon Stueve
A. Request to Hire Part-Time Plow Drivers
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE HIRING OF REGGIE FRALEY AND BOB KYLLMER
AS PLOW TRUCK DRIVERS FOR THE 2022-2023 WINTER AT THE PAY RATE FOR GROUP
4, STEP 0 OF THE PAY SCALE.
9. City Engineer Report, Brian Lintgen
A. Project Updates
B. Lift Station #1 Rehabilitation
10. City Administrator Report
A. Tom LeGassa Resignation
Recommendation: TO ACCEPT THE RESIGNATION OF TOM LEGASSA FROM THE
PLANNING COMMISSION AND THE PARK BOARD, EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023, AND
TO THANK HIM FOR HIS YEARS OF SERVICE TO THE CITY OF COLD SPRING.
B. Planning Commission Vacancy
Recommendation: TO APPROVE ADVERTISING FOR THE OPEN SEAT ON THE
C. Discuss Proposed Sewer Rate Increase
D. Equity and Inclusion Resources
11. Commission Updates
A. Planning Commission
C. Park Board
D. Rocori Trail
12. List of Bills and Additions
Recommendation: TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT PAYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
ACCORDING TO THE LIST AND SUPPLEMENTAL LIST PRESENTED BY CITY STAFF.
13. General Questions and Comments from City Council