1. Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Public Forum (Those interested in addressing Council who did not previously request to be on the agenda may address Council for up to 3 minutes. If action is requested, it will be considered at a later Council Meeting.)
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Consent Agenda
A. Minutes – May 9, 2023 and May 23, 2023 Regular Meetings and May 4, 2023 Meeting
B. Approve Amendment to March 14, 2023 Council Meeting Minutes
C. Cold Spring Area Baseball Inc. One Day Liquor License for June 24, 2023, at the Cold Spring Baseball Park
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED.
5. Public Hearing on Assessment Abatement
A. Mayor Opens the Hearing at __________ p.m.
B. Public Comments
C. Mayor Closes the Hearing at __________ p.m.
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE ABATEMENT OF THE BALANCE OF AN ASSESSMENT
LEVIED AGAINST PARCEL I.D. 48.29401.0016 IN THE AMOUNT OF $30,735.71.
6. Approve Finance Plan for 2023A Bonds – Jessica Green, Northland Securities
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE FINANCE PLAN FOR THE 2023A BONDS AS
7. Agreement with Donlar Construction – Gary Traut
Recommendation: TO APPROVE ENTERING INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH DONLAR
CONSTRUCTION COMPANY FOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGER AS ADVISER SERVICES FOR
THE NEW FIRE STATION, USING THE EXISTING SIGNED AGREEMENT DATED FEBRUARY 4,
2021 WITH AMENDMENT #1 DATED JUNE 1, 2023.
8. Public Works Director Report, Jon Stueve
A. Purchase of Two Dehumidifiers
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF TWO DEHUMIDIFIERS FOR THE
WATER TREATMENT PLANT FROM USA BLUEBOOK AT A TOTAL COST OF $6,800.00;
FURTHERMORE, TO BE PAID FOR OUT OF WATER EQUIPMENT LINE ITEM 13-70-71-6311.
B. Purchase of Turblex Blower Valve Control
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF A TURBLEX BLOWER VALVE
CONTROL FOR THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT FROM IN CONTROL AT A COST
OF $4,573.00; FURTHERMORE, TO BE PAID FOR OUT OF WASTEWATER EQUIPMENT LINE
C. Hiring of Seasonal Parks Employee
Recommendation: TO APPROVE HIRING LANDON WINKELMANN AS A PART-TIME
SEASONAL PARKS EMPLOYEE AT A RATE OF $18.00 PER HOUR, FOR UP TO 32 HOURS PER WEEK, THROUGH OCTOBER 31, 2023.
D. 3rd Ave SE Project
Recommendation: TO REQUEST THAT WAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP PUT TOGETHER AN RFP
FOR ENGINEERING FIRMS FOR THE 3RD AVE SE PROJECT WITH THE RECOMMENDATIONS
FROM COUNCILOR HENNEN AND THEIR OWN ENGINEER AND TO ADVERTISE FOR
E. Water/Wastewater Operator Job Description
Recommendation: TO ADOPT THE REVISED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR WATER/WASTEWATER
F. Re-Advertise for Water/Wastewater Operator
Recommendation: TO RE-ADVERTISE FOR THE POSITION OF A WATER/WASTEWATER
OPERATOR WITH A REVISED PAY RANGE OF $28.69 TO $34.88 DOQ.
G. Purchase of Blinking Pedestrian Crossing Signs
Recommendation: TO PURCHASE ONE SET OF BLINKING CROSSING PEDESTRIAN SIGNS
FOR THE INTERSECTION OF 2ND AVE AND MAIN STREET, ONE ON EACH SIDE TO CROSS
MAIN STREET GOING NORTH OR SOUTH, FROM ALL STATE TRAFFIC CONTROL, AT A
COST OF $11,547.20; FURTHERMORE, TO BE PAID FOR OUT OF STREETS BUDGET FOR
STREET SIGNS LINE ITEM 11-50-51-6321.
H. Discuss Construction of New Maintenance Shop
9. City Engineer Report, Brian Lintgen
10. Police Department Report, Chief Blum
11. City Administrator Report
A. Electrical Project at Alexander Park
Recommendation: TO APPROVE THE INSTALLATION OF ELECTRICAL OUTLETS IN
ALEXANDER PARK FOR THE FOOD VENDOR AREA FROM FABER ELECTRIC AT A PRICE
OF $5,960.00, TO BE PAID FOR BY THE RIVER PARK COMMUNITY FOUNDATION.
B. Library Schematics
12. List of Bills and Additions
Recommendation: TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT PAYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
ACCORDING TO THE LIST AND SUPPLEMENTAL LIST PRESENTED BY CITY STAFF.
13. General Questions and Comments from City Council
14. Closed Meeting Pursuant to Minnesota Statute Section 13D.05 subdivision 3(c)(3) to consider an offer to purchase properties within the City of Cold Spring, specifically parcel identification numbers 48.30599.0000 and 48.29896.0000.
15. Reopen Meeting and Announce Result of Closed Session
16. Adjourn – Next Regular City Council Meeting June 27, 2023