1. CALL TO ORDER Bohnsack, Habben, Hesse, Hentges, Schurman, and Wesenberg.
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE The School Board Chair will lead the school board and attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA Board action to approve the agenda for the meeting is expected.
4. CONSENT ITEMS Action is requested on the following items of the consent agenda. Consent agenda items are typically adopted without discussion of the individual items because they are routine or ordinary in action. Any consent agenda item may be removed for further discussion and deliberation by any member of the board.
4.A. APPROVAL OF MINUTES The minutes from the Regular and Special Board Meetings held on May 16, 2022. Also included are minutes from the Special Board Meeting held on May 23, 2022. Recommend approval of the minutes from the meetings.
4.B. EMPLOYMENT Recommend approval of the assignment as outlined.
4.B.1. ROCORI Public Schools-Speech Language Pathologist Assistant: Chelsea Schroeder effective for the 2022-2023 school year.
4.B.2. ROCORI Middle School-Social Studies teacher: Allison Pfeil effective for the 2022-2023 school year.
4.B.3. ROCORI Middle School-FACS teacher: Rebecca Fiedler effective for the 2022-2023 school year.
4.B.4. Richmond Elementary Principal going to the Cold Spring Elementary-Principal: Keri Johnson effective July 1, 2022
4.B.5. John Clark Elementary-Administrative Assistant: Kandace Gerding effective July 1, 2022
4.B.6. ROCORI Secondary-Paraprofessional: Brenda Jacobson effective for the 2022-2023 school year.
4.B.7. ROCORI Secondary-Physical Education teacher: Kevin Pfeil effective for the 2022-2023 school year.
4.B.8. ROCORI Activities Department-Head Boys Basketball Coach: Tyler Barker
4.B.9. ROCORI High School-Math teacher: Cassandra Deering requesting a reduction to FTE 0.75 for the 2022-2023 school year.
4.B.10. Cold Spring Elementary-Melissa Phillipi going from a Paraprofessional to the Health Technician
4.B.11. Facilities and Grounds-Summer Groundskeeper: Grant Johnson
4.B.12. ROCORI District Office-Interim Superintendent: John Thein effective July 1, 2022
4.B.13. ROCORI High School-Math teacher: Tammy Botten having an FTE 0.25 overload for 2022-2023 school year.
4.C. MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE REQUEST Recommendation: Approve the medical leave of absence request as requested.
4.C.1. Cold Spring Elementary-4th Grade teacher: Korissa Franklin requesting leave from approximately September 9, 2022 through November 20, 2022. An anticipated return date of November 21, 2022.
4.D. RESIGNATION-RETIREMENT Recommendation: Approve the resignation and/or retirement requests as presented.
4.D.1. Retirement-Food Service Department-Cook's Helper: Sharon Holthaus effective June 3, 2022
4.D.2. Retirement-ROCORI High School-Paraprofessional: Sue Phillips effective June 3, 2022
4.D.3. Resignation-ROCORI High School-School Counselor: Craig Lieser effective June 3, 2022
4.D.4. Resignation-ROCORI Middle School-Science teacher: Jamie Berner effective June 3, 2022
4.D.5. Resignation-ROCORI Public Schools-District Instructional Coach: Angie Lichy (Husom) effective June 30, 2022.
4.D.6. Retirement-Cold Spring Elementary-Paraprofessional: Charlie Chirhart effective July 31, 2022
4.D.7. Resignation-John Clark and Richmond Elementary-STEM-Art teacher: Shannon Johnson effective June 2, 2022
4.D.8. Resignation-ROCORI Community Education-Community Education Coordinator: Matt Bueckers effective June 30, 2022
4.D.9. Retirement-Buildings and Grounds-Custodian: Robert Mertes effective August 12, 2022.
5. ACTION ITEMS Action items receive individual attention because of the nature of the issues, the need to discuss or review the information prior to taking action, or the specific kind of action required for the item.
5.A. RICHMOND RIVER LAKES DAY REQUEST Richmond River Lake Days committee has submitted a request to use the school grounds for fireworks display on the North side of Richmond Elementary School on July 16, 2022. Recommendation: Recommend approval of the request
5.B. 2022-2023 RESOLUTION FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE Membership in the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) must be renewed on an annual basis. MSHSL provides a renewal notice which allows District activities and programs to be conducted under the League's umbrella. This allows the programs to compete and participate in section and state events during the course of the year. Recommend approval of the MSHSL membership.
5.C. RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT A DONATION Be It Resolved, by the School Board of ISD 750, ROCORI, as follows, that the following donation be accepted with gratitude: Thank you to all the organizations and individuals for their donations. The school district appreciates your generosity and continued support. Recommend adoption of the resolution to accept the donation
6. DISCUSSION ITEMS Discussion items receive individual attention because of the nature of the issues and the need for introductory or other discussion in order to review the information prior to taking action. This is also the agenda location for items which simply need school board review, but no formal action on the item is required. Discussion items will typically return to the agenda at a future point for more specific action.
6.A. POLICIES The following policies have been discussed in the policy committee. It is being presented for second reading and call for public comment.
6.A.1. 7-5: Tobacco Free Policy
6.A.2. 9-9: Weapons Policy
6.B. POLICIES The following policies have been discussed in the policy committee. It is being presented for first reading and call for public comment.
6.B.1. 9-1: Behavior at Activities
6.B.2. 9-2: Search of Student Lockers
6.B.3. 9-3: Open Enrollment Policy
6.B.4. 9-15: Protection and Privacy of Student Records
7. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT
7.A. SUPERINTENDENT REPORT The Superintendent will make his report about ROCORI Public Schools.
8. COMMENTS AND REQUESTS FROM VISITORS The agenda is open to visitors of the meeting to offer comments to and/or requests of the school board. The comments and requests should follow the adopted district guidelines which are printed and available at the meeting. As a general rule, items introduced in the opportunity for comments and requests do not receive action from the School Board, but are taken under advisement or consideration for future action.
9. UPCOMING EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES A calendar of upcoming issues of concern to the school board is included as part of the agenda.